Sunday, October 23, 2011

Blue (the color, not the feeling)

Daniel and I went to a new restaurant this week, Aberdeen Barn.  It was pretty fancy with linens on the tables and the waiters dressed in vests and bow ties.  Earlier, I had gone to the gym, showered and changed into jeans and flip flops so I definitely felt under-dressed.  Oh well!


How romantic-al!

When we arrived, we admired the ambiance and chatted about the day.  Daniel and I placed our orders and then gave the menus back to our waiter.  Germs are yucky, so as soon as the menus are taken away, I always grab my hand sanitizer (menus are pretty disgusting).  Anyhoo, I'm leaning over and digging into my purse, and after rubbing the gel into my hands, I look up and see:

What? Why are you looking at me like that?

Look closer:

Ohhh!


Daniel and I just celebrated our 6 month-aversary (?) and he surprised me with a beautiful piece of jewelry.  


*sparkle*

A topaz necklace (I adore the color blue).  Isn't my husband sweet?!?  I think I'll keep him. 

Dinner was delicious!  Daniel had a grilled chicken breast, topped with lump crab meat and a Bearnaise sauce.  I had the most juicy, tender steak and fries.  I definitely wouldn't mind going back.



On Friday, I went bowling with a few Sorors and Frat (fraternity brothers).  It was fun and definitely nice to get out for a few hours.  

Zeta Phi Beta Sigma



Saturday, I went for my last workout at my old gym.


That's not sweat, ok?  Southern Belles perspire.  Get it right, please.

My contract ended yesterday, and today, I begin working out at my new gym:


I'm really excited because my previous gym was for women only and now Daniel can come with me to the new one (I can bring a guest every time that I go).  After he returns from his religious service, we're heading out!

Last night after the gym,  I washed my hair with Hair One again.  The bottle is beginning to get low so I'm trying to decide whether to continue using it.  I've used it 3 times now, and it's ok, but I'm not sure it's worth the money.  For each wash, you're to use at least 20 pumps of product. Basically, I'm going to need a new bottle every 6 weeks or so.  The bottle cost about $12.  My usual hair product is about $15-20 (depending if it's on sale), but it lasts so much longer.  I'm going to make a final decision after using the last of it on my next wash, but I'm leaning toward my old product.

I stated in this post that I would begin logging my reading post to post, so here are the books read since that day:  

The Second Wives Club  Jane Moore
The Nanny Diaries  Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
A Personal Matter  Karyn Langhorne
Spilling Clarence  Anee Ursu
Barefoot  Elin Hilderbrand
Midwives  Chris Bohjalian
Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons  Lorna Landvik
One Fifth Avenue  Candace Bushnell
The Starter Wife  Gigi Lavangie Grazer
The Five People You Meet in Heaven  Mitch Albom
The Weight of Water  Anita Shreve
The Scandalous Summer of Sissy LeBlanc  Loraine Despres

Have a wonderful week everyone!!!!!

"Oh I just can't wait to be Kin...er, Queen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment