Sunday, October 2, 2011

I'm an artist! Sort of...

Heeeeyyyy!  I'm in such a great mood because I'm about to make some chocolate chip cookies from scratch (hopefully they don't taste like dirt) and I'm excited.  Now on to what wasn't posted last time.


Dinners:

Daniel and I tried an Indian restaurant for the 1st time.  It's a place named Rajput located in Ghent.  It was pretty tasty, albeit new flavors and textures.  I told Daniel I'd like to go back on one of their buffet days so that we can try all of their dishes without breaking the bank.


There were scarves everywhere.


Don't ask me to tell you what it is--I can't remember the names of the dishes!


I DO remember this--Chicken Pakora.


The decor was beautiful.

Last night, I went to Hibachi Grill buffet with Pop, my brothers, and my grandma.  Apparently, my brothers conspired to dress alike and didn't even have the respect to let me in on it!

Maroon polo shirts, jeans, and boots.  Twins top to bottom!
Speaking of dressing alike--check out my coworkers on Friday.  This was not planned in any way:

They even had similar gold hoops in their ears!


The place was pretty great looking for a buffet.  It even had fountains, a tiny river, and a bridge!  The food was pretty good, too.  And all for $8!





Creativity:

On our honeymoon in April, we passed by a place called Color Me Mine.  We drove by the store to go in, but it was closed.  It's a pottery store and you come in, pick an item, and then paint it.  You leave it at the store, they glaze it and fire it in a kiln, and you come back a few days later for the finished product.  Fast forward a few months later, and there is a daily deal email about Color Me Mine!  I I immediately snatched one up and waited for an opportunity for Daniel and I to try it out.  It was so much fun.  I don't have a creative bone in my body, but thankfully there were plenty of items already designed--all I had to do was paint between the lines!

Daniel creating on a blank canvas.

I still went over the lines--oh well.
 FYI--I did not cause the spill on the table!  It was done when the water bowl was placed on the table for us.
The amazing part of the process is that after the glazing and firing, the colors deepen.  Above the wall of paint bottles, there were tiles that showed the finished color appearance.  Prepare to be wowed by my color coordination!!!

Mug before.



Mug after.

I love it!  You actually can't see it in the picture, but I painted the handle and inside with a beautiful pale blue color with sparkles!


Off to finish the cookies and head to a baby shower for my Sorority sister.  My next post will have my new hair 'do and a recap of my trip home to Atlanta!  Have a wonderful week!



Tierra playing with the bag & wrapping paper from Color Me Mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment