Monday, July 11, 2011

Hair update-1 month

Hi!  I had an amazing time yesterday--we kayaked in the ocean to see dolphins!  I'll post more about it as well as pictures once I receive them in the mail.

Hair update

So I figured monthly updates would suffice concerning my transition to natural hair since hair doesn't grow quickly enough to warrant more than that.  I'm planning on getting kinky twists this week (a braid style), so I'll definitely post more pics then.  Here is what my hair looks like at 1 month with no creamy crack--as you can see--the part is still visible!  Yay!


I don't really have much new growth yet (that's the new, virgin hair coming in at the roots).  It's becoming more difficult to comb, but my hair is still 99% relaxed.

I have done co-washing twice now and I'm a fan.  My hair isn't being stripped of it's natural oils, and it's getting just as clean.  My scalp feels healthier as well.  Basically I do a normal wash technique, but with conditioner instead.  After I've saturated my hair with the conditioner, agitated my hands through my scalp and rinsed, I then put a little more conditioner on to sit for a few minutes.  Then I rinse like normal.  My hair feels silky smooth!

Tierra Skye Cook

From a previous post, you know that we have a new kitten in our family, Tierra Skye Cook (sound familiar?).  About a month ago, I received a text from Daniel's sister stating that she heard meowing and went to investigate outside of her apartment.  She found a mama cat and 2 kittens in a trash can--on trash day.  Horrible, right?  So she asked if Daniel and I wanted one.  He and I had been talking about a pet for a few months so we decided to add her to our little family.

Tierra-her 1st day with us
We made her an appointment and took her to the vet, and other than some swelling in her hind-parts, and a respiratory infection, she was healthy as can be!  Daniel and I talked about names and he stated he wanted to name her after me (my middle name is Tierra) and since Tierra means "earth" in Spanish, we decided to add Skye (earth and sky).  

Anyhoo--she fit in immediately!  She's so silly and accident prone--just like D and I.  Her crying can be extremely annoying, but we love her to death.  She's a great addition to our lives.
She fell asleep--in my SHOE!

Apparently, my feet don't stink--boo yah!

When we took her to the vet, we asked how old she was.  The vet responded around 6-8 weeks old.  We had gotten married 6 weeks before on April 15th, so we kind of took that as a sign that she really was meant to be with us.

Sleeping near the kitty litter--yuck!
This post is beginning to get extremely long, so I'll end it now.  I'll be back later in the week with hair pics and hopefully dolphin pictures!  I'll leave you with a picture of me and 2 of my favorite people in the world--my line sisters (LS). I'll talk more about them, and my sorority, in future blog posts.


The blu-tiful O.C., Ezpionage, and me-Blueprint! UWG Homecoming 2008




No comments:

Post a Comment