Tuesday, July 5, 2011

We didn't get lost this time!

Getting lost in the woods completely shut my brain down!  I didn't even blog about the bike ride on Saturday evening in Ghent. Daniel works 1/2 days on Saturdays and then usually heads over to his brother's place to hang out with them.  However,  it was cancelled so we decided to spend it biking around a place we would eventually love to move to.  Ghent is a tiny oasis in Norfolk.  You can walk everywhere--the grocery store, pharmacy, restaurants, parks, etc.  It's bustling with people and energetic, but it's also full of trees and quiet areas....I would LOVE to live there---but it's also expensive.

Fixing the bike rack


Anyhoo---we parked and headed out and my seat flipped up (extremely painful by the way).  So we had to circle back and get the wrench out of the trunk to fix it.  Daniel decided to pocket the wrench in case the incident happened again and we hit the road.  Of course, I almost got hit--again.  "I'm still rusty" will continue to be my response if anyone asks (not the fact that I have no balance whatsoever!).



Just like our adventure on Sunday, we had some amazing views.  We even saw some prehistoric looking white bird (my phone couldn't capture it's unique-ness).  There are 2 things that Saturday's bike ride had that Sunday's didn't:
1--we didn't get lost, and

We didn't get lost!!!!  But it's still humid.


2--we had Skinny Dip!

Anyone who knows me understands that sweets are my weakness--but especially ice cream (UWG readers--anyone remember the Marathon!?!).  My favorite ice cream would have to be Haagen Daz, however 300 calories for 1/2 a cup of ice cream is utterly ridiculous.  Enter the Skinny Dip--it's a frozen yogurt self serve bar!

 Each day, they have several flavors to choose from and then you top it with your heart's desire.  You pay by the ounce, so you get as much or as little as you choose.  120 calories or so per serving isn't bad either!  So at the end of the ride, my WONDERFUL husband took me into the store and we got dessert.  I'm ashamed to say what I put on I don't remember much of what topped my coconut fro yo--but there were a few slices of banana--YAY ME!
The banana is underneath everything else--I promise!


Thanks for the fro yo, boo!
It's getting late, so I've got to finish dinner (steak, onions, and garlic cooked in crock pot over rice, and something green) and watch Hawthorne.  Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment